Wednesday, December 30, 2009

rhythm.connection presents A MOMENT WITH YouTube MUSICIANS - VICTORIA LEE

Hey folks, check this out. My interview with Boston-based YouTube musician Victoria (Vickii) Lee. Enjoy!

Victoria Lee (born January 26, 1993 in Groton, MA) is a Boston-based YouTube singer/songwriter. A talented young musician, Victoria has expressed her passion for music through her videos on YouTube and also cites some big names as her influences. Sit back and enjoy as she answers some of my questions!

How long have you been doing music for? Are you doing it professionally or independently?
Music is just a hobby for me. I'm doing it independently and hmm, I've always been singing and stuff but I started guitar around 4 years ago. hahah, i like hopped around and switched the questions but its allll goood :)

What style of music do you generally play?
i'm a sucker for anything acoustic and pretty.

How did you first get involved in music?
Hmmm, I have no idea. I always loved to sing and then i though "hey, i'm actually pretty good at this" hahaha.

What made you decide to starting YouTubing your musical talent?
hahaha i don't know the answers to any of these questions. I think it was just really random- I don't know why i decided to put my videos on youtube. When I got a mac, i think the urge became bigger :p

Who are your biggest musical influences?
john mayer definitely. I also love the other big youtubers like aj rafael, kina grannis, andrew garcia, jesse barrera. they are all so awesome and down to earth! thats what i love :)

How does it feel to be getting all this support from people for doing what you do?
It's amazing! Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd get this far! i really love all my supporters!

Is there ANY musician that you would like to do a collaboration with in the future?
John Mayer♥ i'd probably faint but it's okay. ahahah :)

What has been your most popular cover on YouTube? Your most popular original song on YouTube?
My most popular cover is probably hot n' cold by katy perry. I think it's because the song itself was so popular. hahaha had I known that so many people were going to watch it i would've put more effort into it hahah. My most popular amazing song would have to be "Someone". It was the first one i wrote! :)

I imagine you have a lot of music tastes; what do you normally play on your iPod and/or when you’re at home?
hahaha I have different music for different occassions! When I need something to fall asleep to i automatically go to John Mayer and just really quiet, soothing acoustic-y stuff. When I'm in my car I blast loud music with really cool beats like angels and airwaves. I love the loud bass hahaha :)

Where’s the one place where you can go and get your creative flow going in order to write/create music?
Hmmm. It really depends. There's no particular place but when I have really strong emotions whether it be sad or angry or happy is when I can write effective music.

Who is your closest musician friend, and how did you two meet?
Closest musician friend....hmmm, I don't think I really have any hahaha. However, I have met AJ and he is really really sweet. I did a cover of one of his songs and he found me on youtube and we were both in the same area so we got to hang out a few times! Through that I also got to meet Andrew Rhim and Kris Collins and they're awesome as well!

What do you do in your spare time when you’re not playing music?
hahahaha the usual. I just hang out with friends and go on the computer a LOT. hahaha.

What do you hope to accomplish while being involved in music?
Hmm, I just really want to put a smile on the faces of my viewers when they watch my videos and listen to my music :)

Do you have any final words for the readers?
you guys are amazing. i love you all ♥ sorry for like bad grammar and spelling hahah :)


Tada! Thanks Vickii for the interview, and thank you once again for reading and supporting! Till next time, I'm O-U-T!

J~


Victoria Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment