Wednesday, December 30, 2009

rhythm.connection presents A MOMENT WITH YouTube MUSICIANS - MIKE ISBERTO

Hey guys, so round 2 for December 30th, 2009, with Mike Isberto, enjoy!

Mike Isberto (born February 28, 1986) is a Cali-based YouTube singer/songwriter, who has made an impact in what people are calling the "YouTube Generation" musicians, including David Choi, Gabe Bondoc, and Passion to name a few. One of Mike's biggest breaks was performing this past summer at Kollaboration Acoustic 3 and winning the grand prize alongside NY-based singer/songwriter Alfa Garcia. Enter Mike Isberto!

How long have you been doing music for? Are you doing it professionally or independently?
I’ve been doing the solo act for about 3 years!!! And I’m doing it professionally independent! haha

What style of music do you generally play?
I would say soul/folk

How did you first get involved in music?
I used to sing in an acapella group with RuSoul and Ken Salomon!!

What made you decide to starting YouTubing your musical talent?
I first started started a youtube account to show off my Magic tricks!! haha..but I deleted them when i saw the playbacks, and realized i wasn’t a magician!!

Who are your biggest musical influences?
boyz II men, james taylor, bob Marley, tribe called quest, ben folds, John mayer, marc broussard.. just to name a few!

How does it feel to be getting all this support from people for doing what you do?
it's awesome!! I’m super grateful that people are so supportive!! Its nice being able to do what you love, and getting so much love for it!

Is there ANY musician that you would like to do a collaboration with in the future?
the list is endless!! But Sara Bareilles is probably at the top!!

What has been your most popular cover on YouTube? Your most popular original song on YouTube?
I’m not too sure. Check out my page and decide for yourself! Youtube.com/mikeisbertomus
ic

How did it feel to win Kollaboration Acoustic 3 alongside NYC singer Alfa Garcia? And how was the event overall?
it was an awesome day! I had so much fun meeting so many new people. All the artists were so good!! winning was just the cherry on top!

I imagine you have a lot of music tastes; what do you normally play on your iPod and/or when you’re at home?
I love playing oldies!! I have a lot of music from the 50’s 60’s and 70’s!! and i have a lot of old school hip hop and classic rock as well!!

Where’s the one place where you can go and get your creative flow going in order to write/create music?
anywhere and everywhere!! Inspiration can strike anytime!

Who is your closest musician friend, and how did you two meet?
My brother RuSoul!! ..And the guys! Jordan Deguzman, Ken Salomon, Bryan Keith, and Chad Manalo!!

What do you do in your spare time when you’re not playing music?
I love watching movies!!

What do you hope to accomplish while being involved in music?
I’d love to travel doing music full time!! Seeing new places and meeting new people along the way!!

Do you have any final words for the readers?
Thank you guys for your continuous love and support!!! 2010 is going to be awesome!! Lets do this!! Love you all!!!


Yeah that's what's up! Thanks Mike for this interview, and later days!

J~


Mike Isberto

No comments:

Post a Comment