Wednesday, December 30, 2009

rhythm.connection presents A MOMENT WITH YouTube MUSICIANS - MICAELA REYES

Hey guys, so here for the end of 2009 is a new interview, with Toronto-based singer Micaela Reyes, can you dig it?

Micaela Reyes (born January 13, 1991 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) is a Toronto-based singer who got her start on YouTube and continues to hone her talent. She took some time over her Christmas break to answer some questions for you guys, so enjoy!

How long have you been doing music for? Are you doing it professionally or independently?
I started singing when I was 6... I guess you can say independently right now, like I'm working on a demo independently.. I'm not signed yet and stuff so yea.. but in the future I'm definitely planning to do it professionally.

What style of music do you generally play?
R&b music, Hip-hop, Soul, & maybe a bit of pop if its catchy haha !

How did you first get involved in music?
Umm my mom forced me to sing in front of my school back in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.. I was so shy! & it was really embarassing for me haha but its all good...

What made you decide to starting YouTubing your musical talent?
LOL I would say , Esmee denters kind of inspired me.. it was those times when she was getting really popular then she got signed with Justin Timberlake.. & I was like Wow! thats real cool! .. So i was like why not try this youtube thing .. so yuuup thats how it started! = )

Who are your biggest musical influences?
Michael Jackson! ( R.i.p to the king of pop! ), Beyonce, I sang alot of Whitney Houston songs growing up so Miss Whitney! , Tamia , Monica, Brandy, Alicia Keys thats all I can think of right now..

How does it feel to be getting all this support from people for doing what you do?
I feel very humbled. It's an amazing feeling especially this year of 2009 I've been getting alot of love compared to the other years when I started youtube... It's amazing actually, I've gotten alot of messages just by different people showin some love & it's amazing that people can appreciate what you do... Like some of these people really really believes in me & im just like Wow! They definitely inspire me to dream big & that anythings possible... Like, Getting love from all over the world.. I find that amazing! youtubes cool. It definitely gives a chance for people just to showcase their talent & stuff..

Is there ANY musician that you would like to do a collaboration with in the future?
haha Umm Beyonce?! LOL.. thats a big dream but anythings possible ; ) Lol ... I really like how shes humble and stuff & plus she's a diva ; ) / I would've said Michael Jackson but then yupp ! RIP. MJ

What has been your most popular cover on YouTube? Your most popular original song on YouTube?
My most popular video out of all my vids would probably be Best I ever had My version ahahah ! it makes me laugh actually, cause I did that real quick & I was just booored... My hair was messy & I was just feeling whatever next thing you know it hits 100,000 + & it's still going haha.. Sometimes you just dont know what vid will become popular.. its crazy .. & umm prolly my song you got my heart broken .. i got alot of love with that one! really old thought. I wrote that when i first got my heart broken haha !

I imagine you have a lot of music tastes; what do you normally play on your iPod and/or when you’re at home?
Music is really a big part of my life.. Whenever i have to get ready & stuff.. I neeed it i play music more than 24 hours LOL but yeah ummmm I would say, I play a variety of songs actually I love music that are inspiring... Like Empire state of mind..I listen to alot of r&b music.. I love the oldschool era like 90's or a bit of 80's mix with todays hottest music. LOL yuup! anything thats good to jam with & is great music where I can feel or understand it at least if you know what i mean loll ... : )

Where’s the one place where you can go and get your creative flow going in order to write/create music?
Just in my room LoL ! As long as the place is quiet then I'm gooood.... I usually am really inspired during morning hours ... I can't write during like the day hours like afternoon or evening .. I gotta stay up thats when true inspiration kicks in yup!!

Who is your closest musician friend, and how did you two meet?
Ummm I guess avy! or Young Avz, We haven't met yet but weve stayed in touch for quite a long time.. Were very supportive of each other & we both feel the same way with music. It's good to have musician friends who understands what you go through.. You definitely need that support from a musician.. It's inspiring vice versa! He's representing montreal so make sure to check him out ! He's def an artist to lookout for!

What do you do in your spare time when you’re not playing music?
LOL watch random vids on youtube or as boring as it sounds I really have music all day...
Not lying! have to always play music or i get bored.... Just listening to music or writing yup Im boring LOL

What do you hope to accomplish while being involved in music?
My biggest dream is probably to have a grammy someday. Always has been my dream.. I hope to inspire other young people like myself to work hard , believe in theirself & just go for it! Like, not care what anybody says.. I find that alot of people will try to crash your dream because they are insecure that you can do better than them lol! But it shouldn't hinder you from doing what you do!! you know what I mean?! Good! LOL.. So ya, I hope to inspire other people also through my music.. I'm working on music right now and basically the type of music I'm doing is where anyone especially the ladies can relate.. I talk about daily things in life... Heartbroken, happy , sad & trying to bring positive music as much as possible. Anything that humans can relate too lol! that type of music I do! Hahaa!
So, I'm just going to keep doing my thing and I hope someday my hard work will pay off & I'll really get to inspire people through my music.. I believe that, that is the biggest accomplishment anyone can get. It's such a strong accomplishment when you are able to connect with people you don't know, even if they are far, far away... just through your music you are able to help them with their life That's amazing.

Do you have any final words for the readers?
LOL haha thanks for getting to know me a bit! & Let's support online talents ... It's a hard thing to make it out there but getting a buzz online is one step so support any online talents = ) Thank you for this interview Rhythm Connection.. Much love to you,
Micaela Reyes.


Yessir, there you go. Thanks to Micaela for this, and until next time, sayounara!

J~


Micaela Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment