Saturday, April 17, 2010

rhythm.connection presents A MOMENT WITH YouTube MUSICIANS - VADA SENATIN

Hey guys, hope all is well. Checkin' in with a new 411, with my guest, Vada Senatin - check it!

Vada Senatin (born May 23, 1993) is a YouTube musician. Known more for her covers and strong vocals, this rising singer spared some time from her busy schedule to answer some questions!

How long have you been doing music for? Are you doing it professionally or independently?
I have been singing for as long as I can remember! Probably since I was 2 years old, I would be messing around with the mic (according to my mom) haha. I’m not a professional or anything but you know, it would be great to get signed one day(:

What style of music do you generally play?
Definitely RNB, accoustic, and a little bit of rap haha .

How did you first get involved in music?
Well, I remember back in first grade, we had to do a little talent show thing. I had no idea this whole singing thing would actually get a little more serious until a couple of teachers back in elementary decided to have me compete with other schools back in the Philippines.

What made you decide to starting YouTubing your musical talent?
I started posting Youtube videos just for fun, just so couple of friends could hear me sing. Back then, I wouldn’t even dare show my face singing until after having my youtube account for 2 years(I hardly uploaded anything lol) so yeah.. Ever since then, I thought I’d actually make more efforts in posting videos and that’s how it started!

Who are your biggest musical influences?
I would have to say the biggest is definitely my dad! When I was little, I would always hear him sing and I guess I got it from him(: But anyways aside from him, I would have to say Regine Velasquez(Asia’s songbird) and other great professional singers and couple of youtube artists!

How does it feel to be getting all this support from people for doing what you do?
OMG, ITS AMAZING! Like I never thought I’d actually be getting support from all these people, it just feels great knowing they take time to watch my videos and actually like them. They keep me going on posting vids (:

Is there ANY musician that you would like to do a collaboration with in the future?
Of course ! Too many . Justin Bieber would be great haha ! But anyways, I would LOVE to be able to jam with other youtube artists such as AJ Rafael, Kat Badar, Gabe Bondoc, Mark Mejia etc. that would be hella bomb !

What has been your most popular cover on YouTube? Your most popular original song on YouTube?
Most popular cover I would say Down by Jay Sean. My 9 yr old brother is actually in the video as well doing some parts haha (: As for original song, unfortunately I never really thought of writing my own songs.. But once it kicks in I’ll definitely be posting it up! I need to learn to play some kind of instrument first at least like accoustic guitar lol .

I imagine you have a lot of music tastes; what do you normally play on your iPod and/or when you’re at home?
Rnb , it gets me through the day . Haha . And some drake/lil wayne type when I’m at home doing homework and just chillin .

Where’s the one place where you can go and get your creative flow going in order to write/create music?
And again, I never tried writing my own songs. A lot of people actually tell me to but I just never thought of actually doing so . But I should one day !

Who is your closest musician friend, and how did you two meet?
I don’t think I actually have one.. But if I do, that would be great! I don’t really have anyone around my area who I could jam with lol .

What do you do in your spare time when you’re not playing music?
Music is always with me . Haha . But yeah I usually just go on facebook, watch you tube singing videos, hang out with family and friends, and watch tv.

What do you hope to accomplish while being involved in music?
Maybe get signed one day, that would be a great accomplishment! But for now, studies first.

Do you have any final words for the readers?
I just want to say thank you guys so much for all the love and support! Without you guys, I probably wouldn’t be inspired to keep up with the whole youtube thing(; haha. Thank you !


Thank you to Vada for the interview, and thank YOU for reading, till next time, I'm out!

J~

Vada Senatin

No comments:

Post a Comment